Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Halley's Comment: But For The Grace Of God Go .... All Of Us

Halley's Comment: But For The Grace Of God Go .... All Of Us: "But For The Grace Of God Go .... All Of Us
Try to imagine someone just told you the entire city you live in ... New Orleans, in this case ... will be uninhabitable for several months.

In other words, whatever you have with yo -- most likely only one suitcase -- is all you have until Christmas.

Your home, probably your job, all your possessions, are destroyed or off limits.

Where do you go?

What do you do?

How on earth do you manage?

And this was a hurricane but could have been any number of other natural disasters."

This post form Halley Suitt's blog Halley's Comment, made me wonder, "How on earth do you manage?"

During a workshop I conducted last night (8/30) we prayed Psalm 27.
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whome shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life:
of whom shall I be afraid? "
When there is little to nothing I can do and words fall so short our ritural of praying the Psalms is comforting.
Don

No comments: